Well this one was very challenging for me. I find measuring, lining up, centering, cutting straight and eye balling extremely challenging — yes I said it, BUT I still enjoy card making. I know that all of those skills are necessary in card making but practice makes perfect – right? One of the tools that I found invaluable for this sketch was my “glue boogie remover” (erasure). I had to throw my previous one away – it was so disgusting (it was like when my kids were little and I had to be resourceful at times for “face maintenance”). I purchased the previous one I had from Staples but this time could not find it there — finally found it at AC Moore – it’s a rubber cement erasure and I think Simon Says Stamps may carry it as well (Xyron brand). Very inexpensive — I wouldn’t be without it. I hate, hate, hate when my cards stick together. Unfortunately we have no Hobby Lobby’s in this part of the country but I know they carry it.
Now for my card. The mosaic paper is from AC Moore and I fell in love with it months ago but somehow could never make it work or didn’t have the patience to play with it. This time I was determined to use it. The square on the left is Wplus9 quilt die which first I embossed – I found this so much easier than trying to cut it all out and piece it together. It made gluing the squares so much easier. After embossing the quilt die, I used the die several times to get the squares in different colors. When finished I put it through the cuttlebug using an embossing folder (sorry – all I know is that it is a Cuttlebug folder, don’t know the name). The sentiment is from MFT (Flower Silhouettes). I also tried to incorporate Paula’s 60/30/10 color rules from July’s Bootcamp “Getting Your Priorities Straight”, (obviously I went the monochromatic route).